For the Matts. Ellsworth I think will hate these and Shaffer would give them respect. Definitely digging these, and I’m not really even and AF1 fan, but completely covered in pony hair, canvas accents and the dope monster font NIKE lace locks and I’m sold.
The Army Gym is a new store brought to us by Nigel Cabourn. Not only are the garments amazing and look to be of the most superb craftsmanship (especially the jackets/coats):
But the entire store is so well put together, it makes the goods even more desirable.
As usual, the fact that it’s located in Tokyo saddens me.
These Vans Suede Chukkas are the business. I’ve noticed a trend of grey/fleece sneakers I keep posting, I should probably invest in some then, eh?
I read about this book a month or so back and decided then I had to purchase it. It comes out October 15th and I can’t wait to peruse Bobby Digital’s words of wisdom.
…or ten more things. The top 10 Zack Greinke quotes to go along with his Cy Young this year.
10. “I could hit me if someone were on base. It wouldn’t be easy, but I could do it. If no one were on base, I wouldn’t care as much, so I could get me out.”
9. Upon hearing then-GM Allard Baird was going to watch him throw: “And you’re gonna be impressed,”
8. “I’d say the average person wouldn’t eat a Chipotle burrito and still do his running, full speed, like me. That’s why the call me special.”
7. “I was giving Brian Bannister all the credit for being the best-hitting pitcher on the team, until today. Now, I’ve got my confidence back. They’re throwing me sliders, and it doesn’t matter.”
6. “For the first month of the season, (Billy Butler) has definitely been an above-average first baseman. That’s hard for me to say because I never thought anyone would say that but him and his family.”
5. Two years ago, with Alex Gordon struggling, Greinke pulled him into the video room to show him a clip of Greinke hitting his home run. “In case you forgot,” Greinke said, “this is what a home run looks like.”
4. “Nice effort by the defense. They didn’t get tired of running after balls to the wall. I was pretty impressed by that.”
3. To Jeremy Affeldt after Affeldt gave up a homer on what he thought was a good pitch. “Really, I went back to the clubhouse and looked at the pitch on video. It was a really bad pitch. Right over the middle of the plate, and you got it up. I mean it was a bad pitch.”
Affeldt: “Thanks, Zack.”
Zack: “Right down the middle. I could have hit it out.”
Affeldt: “Thanks, Zack.”
2. On making the Sports Illustrated cover: “There’s a lot more interesting stuff going on right now. They should have something else on the cover. Playoff basketball or something else. So it’s a mistake. They’ll probably sell their least amount of magazines in a long time — except when NASCAR was on the cover.”
1. On hoping President Obama would cuss him out at the All-Star game: “Because none of the White Sox guys like me. So I was hoping that he’d recognize me and be like, ‘You punk, I hate you.’ But he didn’t do that.”
As the Royals face the Yankees midweek in a three game series, Zack Greinke had the pleasure of sitting down and answering a few questions from some of New York’s finest media members. One question and its subsequent answer in particular made me giddy like a schoolyard hooligan.
“You’ve had great success this year, but you look across (that diamond) at this team, and they’re getting ready to go to the playoffs. Do you ever think, ‘I’d take less personal success to be able to pitch in the playoffs?’ ”
Greinke’s response was immediate.
“Yeah, definitely,” he said. “But I don’t want to pitch for New York in the playoffs. I want to pitch for Kansas City in the playoffs. It would definitely be a lot better being in the playoffs than not. That’s all you ever play for.”
My question to you, blogosphere, is can one man own too many flannel shirts?
I say no, but I find it hard to exercise any restraint in this department.
Of course, I am catching up on my Google Reader posts as they are always abundant after a weekend away from the internet, and there are so many good things I want to post about already, starting with this:
Peter Bruegger designed these mustache mugs and I am putting an order in tonight. Each mug comes with two designs drawn on, one on each side.
Potentially the best football weekend of my life, and I am definitely paying the toll today. I feel like garbage, but I am going to power through. In order to try to conserve some energy I will keep my posts to a minimum today until I nourish myself back to 100% health.
BIG UPS TO THE IOWA HAWKEYES AND THE MINNESOTA VIKINGS!!!!!!!
Suck an egg, haters.